Cyprus citizenship by investment
In March 2014, Cyprus changed the legislation that enables foreign investors to become a Cypriot (EU) citizen and obtain a Cypriot passport through naturalization, making it more accessible and affordable than ever.
• Passports issued within three months.
• Passports issued to the investor, their spouse and dependent children up to age 28, provided they are in full-time education.
• No requirement for physical residency before or after acquiring the passport.
An EU citizen is any person who holds the nationality of an EU country. EU passport holders are entitled to enter, reside, study and work in the European Economic Area (European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) and Switzerland without a visa.
Dual citizenship offers an effective tool for international tax planning and provides financial privacy for banking and investment. It improves personal security, enables freedom of movement and allows access to the best healthcare and education opportunities along with all the European benefits and incentives.
Cyprus citizenship may be obtained through a secure property investment, the financial criteria are as follows:
1. €2.5m investment in a single luxury property or 2. €2.5m investment in real estate plus €500,000 permanent residence
• The investor must always keep a real estate property of minimum value €500,000, which will be declared as the permanent residence. The remaining investment may be sold after 3 years.
• Any property purchased during the past three years will count towards the required investment figures.
• Applicants must hold a clean criminal record from the country of origin.