Step by step process how to apply for a Cyprus Citizenship through Investment
Please, read the step by step process how to apply for a Cyprus Citizenship through Investment:
1. Applicant must gather all necessary papers required for application. The documents must be officially translated into Greek or English and certified with apostille (if in a country which has signed the Hague Convention of 1961) or stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and relevant Cyprus Embassy.
2. Select property/ies (through visit to Cyprus or via correspondence). Sign purchase agreement and transfer funds to a secure account. Receipt is issued by the developer, which is required for application.
3. Payment of submission fee €2,000 per adult applicant. Application lodged, together with the property purchase agreement and all required documents, at the Ministry of Interior.
4. Citizenship approval from the Ministry of Interior within a 3 month period. Payment of €5,000 per applicant approval fee.
5. Applicant (and spouse) must visit Cyprus within 3 months of receiving approval to affirm faith to the Republic of Cyprus in the district court and to collect their passport and identity cards.
6. Submit the applications of children to be naturalized. Applications of minor children are processed within 3 weeks; they can visit Cyprus anytime to collect their papers. Adult children’s applications are processed within 2 months and are subject to a submission fee of €2,000 and approval fee of €5,000. Adult children must visit Cyprus within 3 months to make the necessary oath and collect their passport and identity card.