Buying property in Nicosia
Being a capital of the island Nicosia is made for young, active, creative people and businessmen of course. There are no beaches anywhere near Nicosia, the closes ones are located 40 km away. The capital city life is full of events, exhibitions where every day brings new friendships, emotions and keeps its citizens toned and active. In the last decade Nicosia has attracted many tourists from Europe not only due to its interesting historical and cultural sites, but also for its developments and contemporary projects.
Nicosia - the capital of two hostile states at the same time
Nevertheless Nicosia is a very safe and peaceful place to live in. Conflicts happen in Cyprus rarely and the dispute with the Turkis side is relatively dormant (although it is better not to speak out loud about it). Right in the heart of the city there is a border zone and customs. Any tourist can easily walk from the Greek side to the Turkish one without any problems being caused. The culture in both states though adjacent, but still varies considerably. Nicosia itself is very unique and different to all the other towns of the island. Cyprus may be easily considered as the epicenter of the world culture. It happened to be so from both geographical and historical point of view.
One third of the population lives in Nicosia
If you are planning to move here with family, we recommend considering a property located in the neighboring villages. The regions there usually quiet, calm and spacious. If you are used to being in the spotlight and want to plunge into a busy life of the capital, feel the history of the city from the inside and get acquainted with the unique culture, you may consider choosing a house in the center. It is very easy to buy a great apartment in Nicosia. Although, in case you could not find anything that is suitable for you please send us a request with all necessary requirements so we can find something suitable for you.
Why shall you consider buying a property in Nicosia
- Nicosia is an epicenter of the world culture. Here, you will find a bond of historically and geographically mixed cultures of Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Eurasia, North American and South (Russia and Brazil);
- The metropolitan Life in Nicosia is not very different to familiar European centers although is less stressful and aggressive;
- Nicosia stretched along the mountain side, therefore the climate here is mild: during summer it is not too hot, and moderately cold in winters;
- Half an hour drive in a car away from the Nicosia to one side will get you to the international airport of Cyprus and half an hour drive in the other direction will get you to one of the most famous resorts in Europe - Ayia Napa;
- You can rent an apartment either on the Greek or the Turkish side. In any case, the prices would be lower than in the resort areas located along the coast.
Attractions to visit in Nicosia:
- Laiki Geitonia;
- Restored pedestrian area within the walled city. This street is full of traditional houses, shops and galleries all restored as typical examples of Cypriot urban architecture;
- St John's Cathedral (Agios Ioannis) covered in frescoes, churches built in the Byzantine style and a fascinating Selimiye Mosque;
- Ancient forts, walls of the Middle Ages, fortified gates, which are recognized as the best restored sites of antiquity in Europe;
- A local market where you can find spices, utensils and linens;
- There are plenty of museums as Cyprus Museum, Folk Art Museum, Byzantine Museum and Art Galleries.